Every year we host Capital’s Jingle Bell Ball at London’s O2 – a fantastic weekend of music where fans can celebrate the best artists and tracks of the year in an amazing venue. Covering an event like this is a true privilege as it’s a great chance to meet fans, find out what they’re listening to and learn about what’s important to them.
What’s also important is that we took the decision years ago to make the Jingle Bell Ball a true digital experience. That means, that wherever you are in the UK, if not the world, you’ll be able to experience the event as if you were at the O2 itself.
That doesn’t mean ‘just’ filming the artists on stage and conducting behind the scenes interviews* – it means thinking very carefully about what platforms our digital audience are currently on and delivering formats that excite, engage and get them coming back for more.
Here’s a short overview of what you can expect from our digital coverage in the next 48 hours:
- Radio coverage (naturally) across FM and digital
- Capital TV dedicated coverage
- Highlights of the best on stage performances and back stage interviews (video on demand)
- Exclusive Facebook Live interviews with all the artists (and kittens)
- Live blog coverage – a great single location to see all the action as it happens
- Snapchat coverage incl. exclusive Snapchat filters
- Live Instagram Video stories
- Dedicated content for social media – we believe with a passion that we should be entertaining you in your space, so our social media team will be creating the funniest and informative memes and updates they can.
So what’s the best thing about all this coverage? The fact that it’s all happening live – with all sections of the business (radio, tv, digital, marketing, pr, events, commercial) working together to make sure this is the best experience possible for YOU.
So here goes. Another fantastic Jingle Bell Ball is about to happen. I’ll post some highlights when I can!
*I say ‘just’ but shooting, editing and distributing video is a massive part of our operation. Adding this now before the Head of Video decapitates me.