We’re currently looking to expand our team of SEO specialists to help increase our audience from search. These specialists could have either worked previously as part of an SEO team advising editorial teams OR are journalists with proven examples of optimisation with a particular focus on News SEO. If you’re interested in working across a variety of brands for a publisher that creates amazing content every day – please get in contact via editorial-Jobs@global.com with CV and examples of your work. The duration of contract would be between 3-6 months minimum working both from home and from our London office.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Act as a daily go-to person for journalists and reporters seeking advice or improvements to articles
- Report each morning on the top SEO keywords driving traffic
- Make recommendations to journalists for relevant keywords and keyword combinations to target on articles
- Report each morning on top pages/articles driving SEO traffic
- Work with editorial teams to pre-plan for future articles and events by building out topics and doing keyword research for upcoming exclusives or events.
- Optimise top pages for relevant keywords
- Forward link top traffic driving pages to other more recent articles to encourage circulation
- Edit and/or complete metadata on topics and articles
Editorial background with experience in a digital publishing environment
- Good understanding of the principles of SEO
- Experience of optimising websites for SEO
- Familiar with a range of SEO tools
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Steven Wilson-Beales (see all)
- WANTED: Freelance CRM Executive Role - April 22, 2022
- How to inspire content and development teams to go the extra mile for News SEO - September 26, 2021
- Brighton SEO Conference 2021: My talk on helping teams go the extra mile for SEO - September 10, 2021